The Stradic from Shimano is a very popular reel with anglers around the world. The Stradic FL is the latest version of this model to be released, and it is stacked with the latest Shimano reel technology.
A significant change from previous models, is the introduction of a long stroke spool. This has resulted in an increased casting distance, which is proving very popular among anglers.
Another area of improvement is the corrosion resistance. Significant effort has been made in the design process to keep water out of the critical parts of the reel. This makes the reel perfect for use in harsh saltwater environments, and equally at home in freshwater. The Stradic is the perfect reel for kayak and jetski fishing, being able to handle the high exposure to saltwater.
The reel comes with 7 ball bearings, combined with a carbon drag system, producing a maximum drag of 7 lbs. – 24 lbs. depending on the reel size. This all combines to produce a very smooth, lightweight, high performance reel. Which is what expect from the much loved Stradic range.
ST1000HGFL, ST2500HGFL, ST3000HGFL, ST4000XGFL, ST5000XGFL
Shimano Stradic FL Customer Comments & Reviews:
Stradic FL 2019 Technical Specifications:
- Hagane Gear,
- Aero Wrap II Oscillation,
- SR-Concept: SR 3D Gear, SR Handle, SR One-Piece Bail Wire,
- 6 S A-RB Bearings (Shielded A-RB),
- 1 Roller Bearing,
- Super Stopper II Anti-Reverse,
- Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In Handle Attachment),
- Fluidrive II,
- Hagane Body,
- Saltwater & Freshwater Approved,
- Cold Forged Aluminum Spool
- Spool With Braid, Mono & Fluorocarbon,
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller III. Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam,
- Shimano Carbon Drag System,
- WP Drag (Waterproof Drag),
- 1 Year Warranty,
- Septon Grip,
- Aluminum Handle.
|Model Number||Mono Line Capacity (#Test/YD)||Weight (oz)||Bearings||Gear Ratio||Retrieve Per Crank ( IN )||Braid (LB/YDS)||Max Drag (LB)|
|ST1000HGFL||2/270, 4/160, 6/110||6.5||6+1||6.0:1||30||10/95, 15/75, 20/65||7|
|ST2500HGFL||6/200, 8/140, 10/120||7.9||6+1||6.0:1||35||10/150, 15/145, 30/100||20|
|ST4000XGFL||8/240, 10/200, 12/160||9.9||6+1||6.2:1||40||15/230, 30/180, 50/120||24|
|STC3000XGFL||6/230, 8/170, 10/140||7.9||6+1||6.4:1||37||10/200, 20/140, 40/105||20|
|STC5000XGFL||10/240, 12/195, 14/165||10.4||6+1||6.2:1||40||20/260, 30/235, 40/185||24|